NerdSearch

Thursday, March 17, 2011

TNA...Total Nonsense Always

   The title isn't the greatest, I know, but I couldn't find a way to make T-N-A  short for Dumb Asses and Their Unwatchable Wrestling Program.


   Last Sunday at their Victory Road pay-per-view, this company shit upon it's fans in a way that is both disgusting and just downright unforgivable. They let Jeff Hardy prove to the world that a) he is a pathetic waste of human flesh and b) TNA is incapable of making even the most basic of business decisions without screwing it up.


   Jeff Hardy came to the ring for the ppv MAIN EVENT so drugged out of his mind that he couldn't perform and TNA did NOTHING to stop it! I want you to think about that for a moment. They let their top wrestler come to the ring totally fucked up...to a pay-per-view! The people in charge never once stopped to consider the damage he may do to himself or the company. Frankly, I don't care if he wants to burn his brain up and kill himself, that's on him, but what is so utterly inexcusable is that people around the world PAID 30 or 40 bucks a pop to see this event and TNA said flat out fuck you to those same people.  I bet that will increase ppv buy-rates!
   Eric Bischoff then came out and made the match a No DQ match, no doubt so the fans wouldn't expect much more than a brawl, no doubt to cover Hardy's ass. Bischoff, mind you, is a one-trick pony in the wrestling business. He is responsible for the classic NWO storyline back 15 years ago on WCW and still to this day rides that pony. Since then he has used his abundance of creativity to creatively disappoint wrestling fans time and again.
   TNA World champion Sting then forcibly hit Hardy with his Scorpion Death Drop and held his shoulders down so the ref could count to 3 and end the match a few seconds into it. I am impressed that Sting is World champion in TNA since most of their World champions have been former WWE talents, but whatever.
   There you have it. A 25 second pay-per-view main event. I hope the higher-ups in TNA gave  each other high fives and pumped their fist in the air after the show and gave Jeff Hardy a bonus bag of smack. I hope they were proud of themselves. In a business known for it's tricks and swerves and charlatans, TNA managed to stand out.


   I have always felt that TNA was mostly unwatchable, but I wanted it to succeed. I want there to be another place for workers to go outside of the WWE and still make it big, but I wish nothing but ill-will on this company. I want to see this company burn. I don't want Vince to buy them out. I want them to go penniless. I want this company dead.




  Send your "but WWE did this, that, and the other" comments to nerdondemand@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment